• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's got the biggest chopper?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's got the biggest chopper?

When the question of flying lessons as a business expense is being asked on CUK the doom can't be all that bad - or can it?

So those of you who take a chopper to client sites - who's got the biggest?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    When the question of flying lessons as a business expense is being asked on CUK the doom can't be all that bad - or can it?

So those of you who take a chopper to client sites - who's got the biggest?
    There used to be a dispensation for people taking an NVQ, in that the training wasn't subject to VAT...

I have an NVQ in "Piloting Rotary Wing Transport Aircraft"...

Comment

I hate it when you arrive at the clients site only to find all the parking spaces taken up with private helicopters.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I hate it when you arrive at the clients site only to find all the parking spaces taken up with private helicopters.

Parking the car is my chauffeur's problem...

Threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          It's a bitch landing the Chinook.
          Not if you're Prince William.

Comment

I park my chopper to the left, as a gentleman should...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

One client site I worked in had the front row of car park spaces near the door called "Contractor's Row" as they all used to get in early before the perms. A fine spectacle of BMWs, Lotus, TVRs etc
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I park my chopper to the left, as a gentleman should...
                Another flipping lefty.

Comment

It's a bitch landing the Chinook.
                  Depends which version of s/w it is running.

If it is the wrong version it can land itself - not th eright way up admittedly, but on terra firma.

HTH.

Comment

I thought the definition of "landing" was something you can run, walk or crawl away from...

Anyone want to buy some 2nd hand FADEC code? One careful owner?
                    I certainly know that flying is "the art of throwing yourself at the ground and missing".

Comment

Working...
                    X