• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Rate to go lower

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Rate to go lower

Is it true i heard on the radio that the Bank Of England are thinking of dropping their rate again !!!!

This is ace as my tracker offset mortgage means i'm paying the same but knocking months off my mortgage.

Of course won't benefit for another 23 years but still.....
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

It is true you heard that on the radio.

HTH

With inflation increasing a base rate decrease is less likely.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
      It is true you heard that on the radio.

HTH

With inflation increasing a base rate decrease is less likely.
      Yes indeed. It was expected that if it was held at 5% this month (it was) then next month it would be reduced by 0.25%. Now that today the CPI inflation figure is out and has gone up to 3%, they probably won't... perhaps even increase it... eek!
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        Yes indeed. It was expected that if it was held at 5% this month (it was) then next month it would be reduced by 0.25%. Now that today the CPI inflation figure is out and has gone up to 3%, they probably won't... perhaps even increase it... eek!
        Financial bloke on Working Lunch saying he fears inflation will be at 4% in 6-12 months time (and we all know that true inflation is much higher than the CPI). They may have to increase it.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Makes no difference to borrows, that rate is only going to go up.

Savers will lose out of course, they always do.

Comment

After today’s inflation figures – they’d be barking; which means that there is a fair chance.

“Ah, but most of the inflation is in non-core items and they are less affected by interest rates”, I hear some say. True, but most of these items are imported and so foreign exchange rates are important here. Cutting rates would weaken Sterling and push inflation up even further.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X