• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Rage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Rage

It is scary out there some days.

Two days ago, coming off the M56 to where you go through the airport tunnel, two lanes going to one, this little Eon Fiesta was not happy I filtered in front of him, then drove along the white markings to get back in front. Crazy.

Today on the M62 a Range Rover darts out of the lane 3 that I was in. I am assuming he thought I was police. He comes behind me waving his hands about, right close to my bumper. I did the windscreen washer trick to get him to back off, he undettakes me, then refuses to let me past blocking the motorway at 20mph for a couple of miles. Thankfully the loon came off at J20 – he was waving his camera phone about and was a psycho out of control.

One really has to beg the question HOW people get to the point where they risk peoples lives and completely lose the plot on a fast, open motorway with no queuing traffic!

Going to get a latte and settle down now – just needed to vent!

I rarely get anything like this - Is it something related to your driving? Do you usually keep in the nearside lane except when overtaking?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      One really has to beg the question HOW people get to the point where they risk peoples lives and completely lose the plot on a fast, open motorway with no queuing traffic!
      Get into contact with an unselected group of strangers (driving, internet,...) and you find some cnuts. Some people are just better well out of your life, and if you make random contacts with strangers, you will run into more of them than you'd like. ISTM that there are simply too many of them around. I.e. there is such a thing as society, and I don't like it!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        there is such a thing as society, and I don't like it!
        And what do you intend to do about it?

Comment

Wilmslow, the common denominator here is you.

Learn how to drive.

Try taking a "Drive Alive" course.

Do you get a company car/allowance?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Learn how to drive.

He gets a company polyester tie - surely far more valuable?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              I am assuming he thought I was police.

Since when did the police drive a grey Focus (& wear cardigans and driving gloves)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                He gets a company polyester tie - surely far more valuable?
                You've got to watch the static build up...

Oh, I forgot, he's a staffer, they don't move around much, do they?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Learn how to drive.

While not been on Drive Alive, I have been on two courses – one was an Army course for land-rover familiarisation on civvies roads, the other was Institute of Advanced Motorists.

I normally keep lane 3 clear and drive in lane 2, although, drag racing lorries make lane 2 a dangerous place to be, especially at J19 to J22 where you get the hill.

I wish I could take the train there, but can’t. so will just have to deal with the psychos. Could be interesting if we meet up again there!

Comment

Learn to drive defensively. Then you should be able to foresee these situations and avoid them completely.

Or take a sick day off once in a while when it all becomes too much
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X