• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 implications of moving from Umbrella to Ltd mid-contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 implications of moving from Umbrella to Ltd mid-contract

Apologies for the Wilmslow-like tedium of this question, but I could really use some help with it.

I've been working through an umbrella on a gig that has been up until recently fairly IR35 caught. (Contract is IR35 compliant)

Recently the team I've been working in has been cut in size with much of the work being offshored. As a result of the re-structuring that's gone on there's far less D&C and I'd feel more confident of being found outside of IR35 if I was ever investigated.

So my question is this - I've just been offered a renewal and am thinking of setting up a Ltd. Would the fact that I've moved from umbrella to Ltd on the same contract make Hector more likely to take an interest? Would it be more sensible to wait for the next gig before going Ltd?
    ǝןqqıʍ

I don't think it would make a difference.

How does Hector know you are working on the same contract?
    Still Invoicing

Comment

It's not the same contract. The two are with different parties (i.e. first with the umbrella, second with your limited), so how can they be the same contract?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Time to get brave and ditch the umbrella then I think
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
          I don't think it would make a difference.

How does Hector know you are working on the same contract?
          Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          It's not the same contract. The two are with different parties (i.e. first with the umbrella, second with your limited), so how can they be the same contract?

Quite right, I meant client.
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
          X