• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fag breaks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fag breaks

Anyone here take fag breaks?

Do you deduct the time from your timesheets or do what the permie smokers do and have an extra hour or so fag beak each day?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

No, t'is a filthy habit...
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

English Fag or American Fag?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Do you deduct the time from your timesheets or do what the permie smokers do and have an extra hour or so fag beak each day?
        Hello sailor - oh you mean cigarettes

Comment

I was in Alabhama and I said I was going outside to smoke a fag. They treated me like some sort of hero!
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Used to. 1 mid morning, 1 mid afternoon, so was hardly an hour extra break a day! Didn't deduct it from timesheets, just didn't add on the odd extra 20 minutes here 10 minutes there on the days when I left later than usual.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              I was in Alabhama and I said I was going outside to smoke a fag. They treated me like some sort of hero!

"Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

An extra hour? Do no-smoker permies work an extra hour because of the extra chatting or internet browsing? A 5-10 minutes break every 60 minutes is rather normal. How you spend it is up to you.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    An extra hour? Do no-smoker permies work an extra hour because of the extra chatting or internet browsing? A 5-10 minutes break every 60 minutes is rather normal. How you spend it is up to you.
                    10 minutes every hour can add up to 2 hours a day on top of lunch - just for being a smoker.

You're suggesting that the time people spend going out for cigarettes equates to the time non smokers spend chatting and surfing?

And the smokers don't do that as well?
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X