• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freud painting sells for 17Mil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freud painting sells for 17Mil

Imagine having this in your living room...

eeek!

Must be like looking in a mirror for you.

Bada-boom!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

That would fit nicely over my fireplace.

£17 million is a bit steep though. I'll just print out a copy and use some blu-tack.

Comment

IMHO Lucien Freud is one of the greatest living artists, he used to drink in the Old Ship Inn in Hammersmith.

PS Fancy reading the Independent!
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Must be like looking in a mirror for you.

Bada-boom!

You really don't like her/it/thing do you?
          That boy go raaaaaaa
          Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            IMHO Lucien Freud is one of the greatest living artists, he used to drink in the Old Ship Inn in Hammersmith.

PS Fancy reading the Independent!
            Indeed, one of the best - living or dead.

Mind you, 17M is taking the urine a bit. I wonder how much the corpulent lady got in sitting (lounging?) fees?

Still, when Damient Hirst's junk (for that is what it is) goes for millions then I suppose we can't begrudge the work of a serious artist fetching astronomical sums.

My niece met Tracey Emin once! Said she was very nice, although obviously pissed as a parrot.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Mind you, 17M is taking the urine a bit. I wonder how much the corpulent lady got in sitting (lounging?) fees?
              Twenty quid
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I watched a Francis Bacon go for £16.8 m in Feb - there's no credit crunch in the art market I can tell you.

I was talking to one of the client managers the other day about the credit crunch and it's effect on the art world - he told me that the people who buy these things are only psychologically affected in that that don't want to be seen spending too much in the current climate.

Also it's investment as well - people are putting money into art while the other markets are shaky.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Indeed, one of the best - living or dead.

She is most likely a regular at the pub, he tends to paint people he knows or has befriended. Theres something quite renaissance about his style at the same time he's very contemporary which I like.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'm very pleased and encouraged that people recognise and appreciate the work of an artist with immense skill, who has put a great deal of effort and careful craft into his work.

I can't stand the Hirsts of this world, all style over substance, bullsh*t over honest skill and expression.

Here's to the benefactors who invest in real art by real artists.

Comment

Working...
                    X