• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noob question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question

If I invite 60 people to a party in my garden, including free drinks and hot food, but no one has yet responded, does that mean I am outside or inside IR35?

Before you flame me I've tried searching the forum already Malvolio.

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    If I invite 60 people to a party in my garden, including free drinks and hot food, but no one has yet responded, does that mean I am outside or inside IR35?

society

and outside is the correct answer.

HTH

Comment

Can't you just use your umbrella's food dispensation?
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

If I invite 60 people to a party but no one has yet responded
        It probably means they are racking their brains for an excuse to give it a wide berth without letting on they think you're a knob.

HTH.

Comment

A lot depends upon something called MOO. Which means that they are obliged to come to your party and you are obliged to go to theirs.
          If its sunny and your party is under an umbrella, that also has something to do with it, but I'm not sure what. Parasol might be able to shed some light on that one, or not.
          Remember that even if no one turns up, the IR can 'deem' that all 60 were there and so you will still have to pay up.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            A lot depends upon something called MOO. Which means that they are obliged to come to your party and you are obliged to go to theirs.
            If its sunny and your party is under an umbrella, that also has something to do with it, but I'm not sure what. Parasol might be able to shed some light on that one, or not.
            Remember that even if no one turns up, the IR can 'deem' that all 60 were there and so you will still have to pay up.
            EternalOptimist, sir. You are a darned genius.
            When you encounter speed humps, sound your horn in protest.

Comment

Just as long as you fax everyone in your invite list a a copy of your passport, to ensure that there is no possibility of money laundering. Also forward your bank details to any nice nigerian man that may approach via email.
              threenine.co.uk
              Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
              X