• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I can save economy again - Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can save economy again - Brown

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has said he is the right man to steer the country through difficult economic times.

He blamed "international factors" for rising oil and food prices and housing market problems and said he would take the right action to deal with them.

Asked if he should stay in his job he said: "There are many people who could take over but I think I can steer this economy through difficult times."

"I have done it before and I can do it again," he told the BBC.

Now that's funny.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Now that's funny.
    Highlighting pertinent sections of an article in bold?

You are AtW and I claim my 5 useless search engines.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

http://www.simplephrase.com/motivati...elf-denial.jpg

Comment

Gordo got us here - and it is getting worse. when in a hole stop digging.

Comment

Unemployment 0 %
          Transport 100 %
          Criminality 1 %
          Pollution 5 %

pop=1012, rank=188

Comment

I heard him on Radio 4 this morning and he was given a bit of a verbal kicking - So much of what he was saying was utter cr@p

The removal of the 10p tax band was because he wanted to simplify the tax system Rubbish - he removed it so that he could grab a few headlines about reducing the 22p rate down to 20p but he was too thick to realise that those who do not qualify for the 2nd tax rate would be worse off. Untill he got a mauling from his own party.

The 2.7 billion payoff goes against the 'borrow to invest rule' He has borrowed to bribe. Nothing to do with a fast approaching election in Crewe then! Oh no this 2.7 billion is to introduce a bit of liquidity into the economy because people are seeing their bills go up. So £120 is really going to help there.

He really is a dead man walking and if I was a Labour MP I'd be looking for a new PM - shame they haven't got the time though.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              Highlighting pertinent sections of an article in bold?

You are AtW and I claim my 5 useless search engines.
              I will NOT be mentioning you in my memoirs comrade.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I will NOT be mentioning you in my memoirs comrade.

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

He's had it ! I heard the cleaners at work discussing what a doomed pillock he was yesterday.

Comment

"I have done it before and I can do it again," he told the BBC

Ermmm......when?
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X