• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mortgage calculator for directors of limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mortgage calculator for directors of limited company

Can anyone direct me to a decent mortgage calculator that gives a ball-park figure of what I could borrow?
    My current mortgage still has 18 months remaining on the fixed term, so I won't be remortgaging any time soon. After that expires, we are contemplating moving house. Our current mortgage is quite a low proportion of our total combined net pay, and my wife is a well paid permie.
    There appear to be lots of calcs on t'interweb that will state roughly how much you can borrow if you plug in your "gross salary" but I wondered if there was one that took into account your total net earnings (presumably based on previous years accounts)?

Ta

Contractor Money don't have a calculator (IIRC) but they will tell you what you can borrow based on your rate etc.

It may all have gone TU recently though...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Contractor Money don't have a calculator (IIRC) but they will tell you what you can borrow based on your rate etc.

It may all have gone TU recently though...
      What do you mean?

Comment

Go and see an IFA and they'll sort you out. Contractor mortgages based on rate are unrealistic (I was offered over 600K ffs!!)...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

i was thinking there might be something along the lines of a mortgage based on previous company profits, rather than daily rate.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            What do you mean?
            Contractor money sell themselves on being able to talk directly to the underwriters to get deals for contractors, rather than the frontline staff in mortgage companies who would just look at your annual wage of < £10k without an understanding of where your money comes from.

I'm not sure if this line of communication is open any more due to the credit crunch.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Contractor money sell themselves on being able to talk directly to the underwriters to get deals for contractors, rather than the frontline staff in mortgage companies who would just look at your annual wage of < £10k without an understanding of where your money comes from.

I'm not sure if this line of communication is open any more due to the credit crunch.
              It is. They have just got me a better re-mortgage offer than what an IFA could get.

Comment

First Direct will offer you 3 x the average of you ltd's profit taken over the last 3 years. Others lenders will offer based on daily rate like Halifax, they offered to lend me £474k but to be honest I couldnt afford a mortgage of that size but they still offered it.

I used contractorfinancials before to get a mortgage but this time the deals they could get me were sh*t, so I went direct.

Comment

depends what your after! you can only get a 95% with a higher rate or higher lending fee, the more despoit, the better the deal.

drop contract money a line, Simon is good and will contact you quickly. i'm dealing with them at the min, with no problems, and nothing but up to the minute advice (and trust me, it seems to change on a daily basis at the min!!)
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    First Direct will offer you 3 x the average of you ltd's profit taken over the last 3 years. Others lenders will offer based on daily rate like Halifax, they offered to lend me £474k but to be honest I couldnt afford a mortgage of that size but they still offered it.

I used contractorfinancials before to get a mortgage but this time the deals they could get me were sh*t, so I went direct.
                    Halifax lend on just seeing your daily rate? Do they need to see 3 years accounts etc? Do they take into account the length of the contract? What was the interest rate?

Ta
                    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
                    X