• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customer service (2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer service (2)

Been jaded lately with lack of customer support from just about any company I've been dealing with.

The latest company is unfortunately no exception. I ordered a hedge trimmer off the net the day before yesterday and the company has sent the wrong model through. I wouldn't mind except that the one they've sent is the next model down from the one I ordered - around 20 quid cheaper.

Anyone know what my rights are here? Are they obliged to pick it up and replace for the correct model free of charge, or alternatively give me a refund?

Originally posted by chicane View Post
    Anyone know what my rights are here? Are they obliged to pick it up and replace for the correct model free of charge, or alternatively give me a refund?
    Yes. They must give you what you ordered. If they sent the wrong thing then they must pay to collect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Yes. They must give you what you ordered. If they sent the wrong thing then they must pay to collect it.
      Thanks for the advice. Any idea where I might find law or legislation to confirm this? I need to quote something official sounding to the guy on the phone tomorrow who'll probably be somewhat keen to fob me off.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Any idea where I might find law or legislation to confirm this? I need to quote something official sounding to the guy on the phone tomorrow who'll probably be somewhat keen to fob me off.
        Here you go Chicane

http://www.berr.gov.uk/consumers/fac...page38311.html

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...mId=1073792524

HTH
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
          Here you go Chicane
          Just what I need -much appreciated.

Comment

Just what I need -much appreciated.
            Have "fun" sorting it out.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You live in England and you expect customer service!

Yeah I ordered a digital camera which was supposed to come with a 2GB high speed SD card. It arrived with the wrong card. I e-mailed the company twice and then ended up faxing the company about. They replied by fax stating that they had sent three e-mails..none of which I recieved..but they would swap the card. They wrote all this on the fax I had sent. Couldn't be bothered t use letterhead I suppose. Cowboys.
              When the new SD card arrived it was a 4GB high speed card. I thought about informing them...but I eventually decided they didn't serve me politely so I kept it.

Good luck. You can always try and set fair trading on them if can't sort it out.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Have "fun" sorting it out.
                Thing is though, I tend to find that there's few better ways to let off steam than kicking off at somebody over the phone - especially when I'm most definitely in the right!

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                You live in England and you expect customer service!
                I don't know if it's me or everyone else as well, but I'd estimate that at around half of the significant (£200+) purchases I make involve some degree of unnecessary hassle. Such is life.

Comment

I think one problem is that there are hordes of "plan B" net trader wannabees, supply chain parasites you might say, who have no stock of their own but fulfil their customers' orders by ordering the articles themselves, sometimes perhaps over the net like their customers, and making a small mark up! The trick is to find "primary" suppliers.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A while ago I ordered some tickets to see Roger Waters in Liverpool. I used the priority booking thing from Ticketmaster and got some really cr@p tickets. I noticed that seetickets.com had better ones available after I had bought mine. I complained to ticketmaster and they sent me replacement tickets in their vip section. It turned out these tickets were 6 rows from the front at the middle of the stage. I went last night and it was great! It pays to complain.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X