• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meeting this morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting this morning

Meeting at 9:30 this morning to announce our product going GA. 6 bottles of champagne were quaffed, does that happen in the UK?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I used to turn up to work still drunk from the night before. Does that count.?

Comment

I think it used to be common, many places had their own bar, but now its frowned upon.
      The last place I worked that had its own bar was the beeb, white city. The operations manager would often take sickies because he hit the bar at 18:00 , got hammered, then got such bad hangovers next am he couldnt work. twat

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

At my last permie job we toasted a successful project implementation with bottles of bubbly in the office (for those who actually wanted to celebrate). Don't think it was expensive champagne though, more likely sparkling wine.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Was taken to what was "One of two" on London Wall after completion of a project a few years ago, along with everybody else involved (about 30-40 people).

I think the managers card had close to £3000 on it by 8:30 and I'd definitely drunk more than my share of very nice bubbly.

But no, never had drinks in the office.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I wouldn't know, never had a successful implementation.

Wilmslow

Comment

On a project I was on we were working in the US. The company sent this girl over from the UK to find out why costs were running up - she bollocked lots of the senior PM's for most of the day because of how they were wasting money. In the evening she went out for a meal with us which cost about $2500 to feed 10 people - and I hardly ate anything!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                I wouldn't know, never had a successful implementation.

Wilmslow
                Alter ego perhaps?

Comment

Had tons of champaign yesterday and last night at cleintco but it was a jewellery auction in a swanky hotel (which also houses the clientco office)

This client has booze all over the place, People have bubbly, wine and spirits visible around the office. The CEO has his own cabinet.

Last place I was permie at it was a disciplinary to drink in the office. One guy got disciplined for having a vodka jelly shot with a buinch of mates at his desk at 5:30 Pm on a Friday just before going to the pub…..
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    On a project I was on we were working in the US. The company sent this girl over from the UK to find out why costs were running up - she bollocked lots of the senior PM's for most of the day because of how they were wasting money. In the evening she went out for a meal with us which cost about $2500 to feed 10 people - and I hardly ate anything!
                    More importantly though did she have nice norks or did they send out a minger?

Comment

Working...
                    X