• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It still makes me laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It still makes me laugh

I was telling you about the time I got pushed out of a helicopter onto St Kilda. Its strange how you wait for years for a noteworthy thing to happen, then a few come along all at once.

Anyways, I am sprawled out on the big H and the sergeant says to me, 'ok corp, in the back of the rover , off to the cookhouse and help cheffy unload the fresh food. No more iron rations for us boys'

Iron rations is the name given to the food that soldiers eat in the field when there is no cookhouse facility or fresh food available. Now the military dont want you leaping out of your trench to go for a poo when you are in action, so the food is designed to bung you up. These guys had been on iron rations for weeks and they were getting totally hacked off.

So I arrived in the cookhouse and explained to the cheffy that only one of the ten choppers would be coming and that the next scheduled drop was in ten days. 'Never mind, we have ten sacks of fresh stuff here, that is about 4 -5 weeks worth'
    So he cuts open the first sack with his knife and his eyes glaze over 'Just look at that, have you ever seen anything so fkin beatiful ? Spanish onions, look at the size of the fkers. Brilliant'
    'Bring me the second sack corp'
    So I drag over sack number two. riippp 'Oh wow, looks like another sack of onions cheffy'
    sack number three - onions
    you can guess the rest.
    I'll never forget the sight of that man raging around the cookhouse, with a razor sharp knife in his hand shouting and crying at the same time 'useless bunch of fking cnts, w@nkers, stupid @rse-pieces. I'll fking kill them. They sent me a years fking supply of fking onions, not a fking potato or carrot. I'll fking kill them.
    'I like onions sergeant'
    He looks at me, and a cruel smile lights up his face
    'Do you corp? do you ?'

so I beat a hasty.

With our iron rations we had, boiled onions, fried onions, stuffed onions, roast onions. Onion soup, raw onions. Onions with added onions.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Haha! Good story!
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

- good one EO.

Comment

What a classic, EO you've got to give us more stories please.
          That boy go raaaaaaa
          Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            With our iron rations we had, boiled onions, fried onions, stuffed onions, roast onions. Onion soup, raw onions. Onions with added onions.
            Wot, no spam?

Comment

I quite enjoyed that.

Good one EO.

Comment

Reminds me of something I read once that on an airdrop in WW2 one of the only canisters to make it to the starving troops that it was intended for was full of condoms.

Comment

Nice one EO. Did you steal an unused Dad's Army script from somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    Reminds me of something I read once that on an airdrop in WW2 one of the only canisters to make it to the starving troops that it was intended for was full of condoms.
                    Like that scene in the film "A Bridge too Far" when they're holed up near Arnhem and a guy is gunned down trying to stagger back to allied lines with a large canister just dropped in no man's land - and it turns out to contain only berets ..

Comment

Working...
                    X