• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear job doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear job doom

hmmm looks difficult chaps (and girl)

I'm alright Jack

"London Job Seekers Outnumber Banking Positions, Survey Says"

So everyone not in IB are sorted? BOOMED!

Comment

That's what I'm hearing, so Finance is bad but "other things" aint too bad.

But then you need expertise in "other things"
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        That's what I'm hearing, so Finance is bad but "other things" aint too bad.

But then you need expertise in "other things"
        Surely most contractors are not industry specific?

Comment

No most people are fine....however I think I'll be on plan B when the rug is finally pulled
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

That's a bugger for the permies eh?
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Its interesting that's true at the moment they're sacking the permies to "reduce the headcount" but keeping the contractors.

But apparently that's simply phase 1. Phase 2 is to dump all the contractors.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

I heard from some guys I used to work with in the city that 200 permies were made redundant but the contractors were kept until renewal where they would be reviewed to see if they were needed...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Its interesting that's true at the moment they're sacking the permies to "reduce the headcount" but keeping the contractors.

But apparently that's simply phase 1. Phase 2 is to dump all the contractors.
                  Phase 3 will likely involve getting decent contractors back in again when things start to go awry.

Comment

I've had calls to work: telecoms, banking, insurance, motors and security, all before noon today.

It's boom time I tell ya!
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X