• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those lovely Democrats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those lovely Democrats

The congress has just passed the 'Farm Bill' which gives US40Bil for farm subsidies and another US30Bil to set aside farm land to not produce, and boost food stamps...

So, world food crisis made worse by the cuddly Democrats, both Billary and Obama supported this load of tosh, McCain voted against it. Bush may veto it, but he doesn't have the majority to prevent it from being overturned.

Billary said 'To vote against this is to vote against America's farmers, and to say no to rural America' (cause rural America needs a load of money to not produce anything.

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    The congress has just passed the 'Farm Bill' which gives US40Bil for farm subsidies and another US30Bil to set aside farm land to not produce, and boost food stamps...

So, world food crisis made worse by the cuddly Democrats, both Billary and Obama supported this load of tosh, McCain voted against it. Bush may veto it, but he doesn't have the majority to prevent it from being overturned.

Billary said 'To vote against this is to vote against America's farmers, and to say no to rural America' (cause rural America needs a load of money to not produce anything.
    I guess the guys will love your new avatar Lucy

By doing this, at least the Yanks are reserving potential farm land, and the skills and commitment to work it, for possible future use. So perhaps it's not as stupid as it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post

By doing this, at least the Yanks are reserving potential farm land, and the skills and commitment to work it, for possible future use. So perhaps it's not as stupid as it sounds.

More like the farmers will simply act as normal human beings and become incentivised to reduce the levels of their work, and enjoy the relaxation of pressure. Everyone loses with the exception of the vote winners.

We have just done a pitch to a govt department wanting 20 or so senior managers. They "expect" to get people who are ex private sector who dont want to work in such a high pressure environment or maybe just work for three days a week.. their words.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

What do you think of the Repulican tree hugging policy Lucy?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3937889.ece
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          More like the farmers will simply act as normal human beings and become incentivised to reduce the levels of their work, and enjoy the relaxation of pressure. Everyone loses with the exception of the vote winners.

We have just done a pitch to a govt department wanting 20 or so senior managers. They "expect" to get people who are ex private sector who dont want to work in such a high pressure environment or maybe just work for three days a week.. their words.
          What's the rate

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            What's the rate

you slack git

tulipe but the pension is good and you get to travel in to work with the blue rinsers, the tourists and the rest of the public sector workers.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              you slack git

tulipe but the pension is good and you get to travel in to work with the blue rinsers, the tourists and the rest of the public sector workers.
              I'll pass. You might need to work on your sales pitch for these roles dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
                Had to turn Avatars off after I saw that. Not that mine is any better.
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  Had to turn Avatars off after I saw that. Not that mine is any better.
                  if you move the mouse over the av, the pointer turns into a little hand. I just spent 15 minutes poking the finger up Lucys bum.
                  Its only a matter of time before she notices and brings the old av back

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    if you move the mouse over the av, the pointer turns into a little hand. I just spent 15 minutes poking the finger up Lucys bum.
                    Its only a matter of time before she notices and brings the old av back
                    15 mins of clients money well spent
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X