• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

timeshares

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timeshares

anyone got any

thinking about buying 2 weeks at rci affiliated resort in spain, was wondering how easy it actually is to swap for locations further afield usa for example

weeks in question are red weeks whatever that means

Future parents in law have some.

I think they have a top-dollar one so can swap easily.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
      weeks in question are red weeks whatever that means
      Red weeks are reserved for menstruating ladies
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

You have to be extremely organised to get the best places at the best time, meaning booking your holiday 2 or 3 years in advance, and you're competing with the retired folk. Even on the money front, it's probably cheaper to find good deals each year, either through agencies or independently. It's often the case that your circunstances change whilst still paying for your timeshare, and then you're stuck with it.

Apart from that, they're great!

Comment

I have 2 red weeks at a lake district time share.
          It is dead easy to swap but like someone said above, you have to be quick to get the best palces. If you are willing to go off peak it is easier.

You need to have your weeks in a place where the rest of the world wants to go and the biggets market is the yanks. They all want to visit Scotland, Ireland and England. Hawaii is the best place to have a timeshare, but they are impossible to get hold of.
          Spain has a lot of time share properties so they are not as valuable to swap. They may be cheaper to buy though.

My 2 weeks can be swapped for 6 in Florida.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Timeshares are for the chavs who can't afford a second property elsewhere.

Even worse, when you stay at one you will be surrounded by gullable people who gave in to the salesman. I bet they all have top quality double glazing back home as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KackAttack View Post
              Timeshares are for the chavs who can't afford a second property elsewhere.

Even worse, when you stay at one you will be surrounded by gullable people who gave in to the salesman. I bet they all have top quality double glazing back home as well.
              Did you know the word "gullable" isn't in the dictionary.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Did you know the word "gullable" isn't in the dictionary.
                I did. Had to lookup gullible though

Comment

Working...
                X