• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SQL Server Guru!!!!!!!!!!1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQL Server Guru!!!!!!!!!!1

So I touch a bit on SQL Server 2005 - performance tuning, modifying SQL in reports, writing queries...

...anyone got any good books to recommend or recommendations on good things to try out to get some experience.

I'm studying for the 70-431 MS test, but finding the books a little dry and I've been hangong out on some SQL forums.

Anyone got any classic articles, books, websites to recommend?

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
    I've been hangong out on some SQL forums.
    Sounds a riot. Would you recommend them for a CUK summer holiday?

Comment

No, they are way too technical.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Sounds a riot. Would you recommend them for a CUK summer holiday?
        Must be nearly time for a holiday... maybe next week?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Must be nearly time for a holiday... maybe next week?
          Where do I sign up?

Comment

Look, I'm not having you monkeys 'invade' a proper technical board full of real professionals with expertise to share.

Comment

Look, I'm not having you monkeys 'invade' a proper technical board full of real professionals with expertise to share.
              Yeh but you posted the question in the General thread, should have posted it in the Tech one.

Moral of the story...
              That boy go raaaaaaa
              Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

The caravanners didn't seem to mind too much.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

So did the 'real professionals' tell you to eff off with your Noddy questions or were you too timid to pose the questions there?

Comment

ooh, ooh, can we ask Access questions?

Comment

Working...
                    X