• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed!

Found this doom via the bbc website:

http://www.transact.org.uk/news_item...tionTitle=News

If the middle classes have to stop their spending, on a rating of one to ten, how doomed is the economy?

Haven't Toynbee Hall got better things to be doing than that? Jack Profumo will be turning in his grave.

and what's a "semi-professional" anyway?

Comment

"I had a young semi-professional in last week who owns her home and had borrowed £25,000. When I asked her what she had borrowed the money for she couldn’t tell me."

FFS...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        "I had a young semi-professional in last week who owns her home and had borrowed £25,000. When I asked her what she had borrowed the money for she couldn’t tell me."

FFS...
        Does that mean spent on shoes?

Comment

If you're really bored follow the links on www.transact.org.uk
          "Transact is the national forum for financial inclusion, a movement of over 1000 organisations and individuals dedicated to practising and promoting financial inclusion for the benefit of individual people experiencing hardship and poverty as a result of financial exclusion.
          sounds like bollox to me.

From the front page news:
          4 May 2008 |
          Free financial capability 'capacity building' for VCS working with offenders

Thanks to funding from The Big Lottery, UNLOCK is able to offer it’s successful financial capability capacity training to 25 local grassroots charities and community organisations working with offenders, reformed offenders, their families and those at risk of offending.
          Hmm so that's where the money goes

and linked onto the wonderfull UNLOCK site we have the middle class criminal classes http://www.crimeandjustice.org.uk/op...crime-2007.pdf

The everyday crimes of the middle classes
          • Paid cash in hand to avoid taxation 34
          • Kept the money when ‘over-changed’ 32
          • Taken something from work 18
          • Avoided paying TV licence 11
          • Wrongly used identity cards for own gain 11
          • Claimed for refunds they knew they weren’t entitled to 5
          • Not disclosed faulty goods in second-hand sales 8
          • Asked a friend in a bureaucracy to ‘bend the rules’ 6
          • Padded an insurance claim 7
          • Deliberately misclaimed benefits for own gain 3
          • Any of the above 61

But only if you're bored
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
          X