• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Summer Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Summer Holiday

Time we went on hols. My suggestion:

http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php
    Last edited by Ruprect; 19 May 2008, 09:01.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

A little lesson that the truckers taught us:

If you post a link, people will click on it. The site admins might then get a little curious about why they are getting so many referrals from a particular source.

If they investigate, we are all busted.

A little bit of stealth is necessary or we'll be rumbled straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

If you post a link, people will click on it. The site admins might then get a little curious about why they are getting so many referrals from a particular source.

I couldn't open it anyway

I wasn't around when the last summer holiday hppened... but they always get rid of us pretty quick, don't they??
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

killjoy! What's your suggestion then?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          killjoy! What's your suggestion then?
          Post the URL but don't make it a hyperlink.

I would rather hope that most (if not all) of us can understand how to copy and paste the URL into a browser.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I couldn't open it anyway

I wasn't around when the last summer holiday hppened... but they always get rid of us pretty quick, don't they??
            Ah yes, the chef's forum.

There were some excellent efforts. I don't think I have ever laughed so much.

Comment

Post the URL but don't make it a hyperlink.

I would rather hope that most (if not all) of us can understand how to copy and paste the URL into a browser.
              ok....will edit original....

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

In the meantime...opinions on the suggestion? Anyone got any better?

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  In the meantime...opinions on the suggestion? Anyone got any better?
                  These things just seem to be spontaneous.

One day, everyone joins in, and has a laugh. I don't think that you can really plan it.

Other days, noone gets into the spirit, and it is a bit of a damp squib.

Comment

Don't mess up the allotment board!

Everybody on there seems really nice. Don't spoil it with your horribleness!

Comment

Working...
                    X