• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trawling ClientCo shared file areas...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trawling ClientCo shared file areas...

Anyone do this during quiet periods? Just found a spreadsheet containing the rates of all contractors and the agency margins

Agency only on a 7% margin for me - thought it would have been more tbh.
    Blood in your poo

I managed to get hold of something similar in my last permie job a few years back. The move to a new email system meant that everyone had been assigned very similarly structured passwords, so it was easy to log in as another user (over webmail). This included HR ... so it was very interesting to go in and see what packages and bonuses everyone was getting

Comment

There's a contractor here who's a complete PITA and struts around like he owns the place - just found out his daily rate is less than half of mine..
      Blood in your poo

Comment

I found the same thing when i started contracting about 3 years ago. A spreadsheet of all the contractors on site and their daily rate.

Also found saved personal emails from client talking about my rate.

I was shocked that I was earning a lot less than all the other contractors and quickly negotiated a huge daily rate increase. :banana

be careful though as files have 'last accessed time' (and maybe last accessed by?)...., unlikely they will notice but best to access the files using a permies login

Comment

Yeah, I hunt round the shares. I found shed loads of dodgy stuff. The owner of this company swings both ways.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            I managed to get hold of something similar in my last permie job a few years back. The move to a new email system meant that everyone had been assigned very similarly structured passwords, so it was easy to log in as another user (over webmail). This included HR ... so it was very interesting to go in and see what packages and bonuses everyone was getting
            Ah, now thats crossing the boundary from the grey area to the definately illegal area.

B00med!

Comment

I trust you have read clientco acceptable user guidelines and/or user security instructions?
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                I trust you have read clientco acceptable user guidelines and/or user security instructions?
                Also general guidelines for acting profesionally.
                I work on finance systems and its very easy for any one of us to go and look up what each other is invoicing.
                Professional restraint means you don't (and trust that the other contractors are similarly inclined).
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I found my CV on the networked drive. Nice.

Comment

At my last gig I came across by 'chance' two very interesting Excel s/s.

The first listed all contractors and gave them a rating out of 5 and a comment on each, for example 'useless need to get red of' or 'rate to high'.
                    The second listed all contractors and looked 12months forward and you could see if you were going to be renewed from it.

Comment

Working...
                    X