• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What was (is) the war in Iraq for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was (is) the war in Iraq for?

Please help me understand.

1) First we were told about WMD. That was clearly nonsense.
    2) Now we are told it is to remove a dictator and provide democracy to the people of Iraq. That's clearly nonsense. Why not North Korea or any number of other countries?
    3) Fight against terror? Saddam was not linked to 9/11 or any other terrorists and did not provide safe havens for terrorists, like Pakistan has done.
    4) To control oil? Saddam was not withholding oil as far as I know (he knew which side his bread was buttered on). Now there seems to be more disruption to the oil supply reflected in soaring costs.

So what's the reason then?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Just bored and wanting the top six posts to be mine.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Anyone else with something more constructive?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

To get all them potential suicide bombers to pop out of the woodwork so the west can have a more accesible Emmanuel Goldstein?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          Anyone else with something more constructive?
          OOOHHHH bitch!

If you cant work it out for yourself, or at least post a theory for us to rip to shreads, you might as well go home now.

1. Unfinished business.
          2. Oil.
          3. Muscle flexing to scare other possible targets into line.

Take your pick.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Anyone else with something more constructive than the gay boy LG?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

But his three theories sound spot on to me (at least as far as the US is concerned). What the hell we are doing there is a mystery to me.

Comment

OOOOOOHH chase me.....

What about the fact that there were elections due and a good war always wins votes.

Conspiracy theories 101.
                There is no such group as Al Queda. They have been invented by the men behind Governments and security forces whos main aim is to scare the people into accepting an oppressive and intrusive Government.
                So the planes in 9/11 and the subsequent bombings have all been part of an elaborate plot carried out by these shadowy characters.
                The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were designed to escalate their controls world wide and give them a better grip on the oil producers, the threat bewign that you keep supplying like we say or we will bomb your ass.

They dont call me The Lone Gunman for nothing.
                Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 29 July 2005, 11:36.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Well, the original Iraq war was to protect oil supplies after the invasion of Kuwait.

The 2nd one was purely because Bush senior failed to topple Saddam and Bush junior had a score to settle.

We got involved as we have a pathetic grinning lapdog ******* US obsessed leader.

All the terrorist / WMD wibbling is pure and utter bulltulip to appease the gung ho and hard of thinking.

Comment

On a connected note, this might push the cost of the war up a bit.

An ex-soldier has been awarded £620,000 damages from the Ministry of Defence for stress suffered while on duty.

Comment

Working...
                    X