• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown ready to give temporary staff equal rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown ready to give temporary staff equal rights

The government will support contractors.... by giving us employee status...

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003791.html

FFS! And now agency workers/temps who do what they do because they enjoy the freedom to move around will probably find it much harder to find a position! Why can't the government and TUV mind their own damn businesses?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The clue is in this bit:

His words were welcomed by unions like the TUC, which said they Mr Brown’s recognition that agency workers get a “raw deal” compared to their directly employed counterparts.
      Labour as a party organisation is literally on the brink of bankruptcy. So they're utterly desperate for money, and this is probably one of the conditions the unions have exacted before agreeing to further donations.

So yet again policy is being decided for blatantly party political reasons rather than the country's economic benefit. What a bunch of worthless unprincipled ass-wipes they are.

Comment

Hmmm,

Yesterday, Mr Brown signalled he was on their side. He told MPs: “It is not fair that even after months in the job, agency workers can currently be paid less than the staff they work alongside.”

Don't think this is aimed at us somehow but who knows.

Also if it does happen then watch how all contracts stop at 6 months.

Comment

Hey! This is NL speaking. And Gay Gorgon to boot.

What they are saying and what they will actually do are two different things. this has been on the agenda for 6 years and nothing has been done about it. Dig down a bit (and consult with your favourite political researcher) and it's clear it's the usual keep-the-Left-Wing-happy smoke and mirrors.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I am totally fed up with this labour lot, we must get them booted out asap.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
              Hmmm,

Yesterday, Mr Brown signalled he was on their side.
              Ah, that phrase again. We've been warned about that. I am fed up hearing it already.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post

agency workers
                  I am not an agency worker .

I am employed by my own consultancy business.

So it won't effect me.

Comment

NL have to start taking risks in order to win the next election.

This move could keep the unions happy (more members down the line), and be another problem for contractors who, on the whole, don't vote for NL anyhow.

Actually I know some NL-voting contractors. I have tried to explain things to them but they reply: "it's not all about tax..."

Turkey might say the same about Christmas
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X