• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A BIG difference between New Lie & Tories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A BIG difference between New Lie & Tories

For those who believe that there is no difference, I hope after reading this article they will realise that there is a massive difference between the two main parties, and always has been.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7407878.stm

Cameron will seek to reduce tax
    Well, so long as they don't come in and more than double VAT (which I seem to remember them doing before) they could be on a winner. Trouble is, they're politicians, and I don't trust them. When they point out exactly where the savings are going to come from in order to cut tax, then (and only then) will I believe them. You would have thought that with their high poll ratings they could show a bit of courage and state where these big savings are going to occur. We all know (potentially) where big savings can be made - but for some reason the Tories are scared (ashamed) to admit where they might be? Come on Dave and George - Spill the beans!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      For those who believe that there is no difference, I hope after reading this article they will realise that there is a massive difference between the two main parties, and always has been.

There used to be a massive difference, not so much these days. Whoever you vote for the same civil servants will run the country and it will remain the rip off Britain we know and love. That's not to say I want Brown to stay in.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Well, so long as they don't come in and more than double VAT (which I seem to remember them doing before) they could be on a winner.
        Double VAT would mean we'd all save more on FRS. Boomed!

I just hope they embrace the idea that business creates jobs, and small business becomes big business if you don't try to kill it off with daft tax rules.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

Do you actually believe them? rofl

All the things I dislike about liebour were started by tories - ACT, fuel escalator, stealth taxes. Tories will be at it again.

Comment

Wasn't one of Maggies first things in office to do was to put VAT on yaghts? She must've really not like Teddy Heath.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              There used to be a massive difference, not so much these days. Whoever you vote for the same civil servants will run the country and it will remain the rip off Britain we know and love. That's not to say I want Brown to stay in.
              EU functionaries

British politicians and civil servants are no more than obsequious clerks these days.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Double VAT would mean we'd all save more on FRS. Boomed!

I just hope they embrace the idea that business creates jobs, and small business becomes big business if you don't try to kill it off with daft tax rules.
                You somehow imagine most of the bum-on-seat temps that crawl around here whingeing about New Lie, becoming big job-creating businesses if only the scumverment allowed them to keep a bit more of their hard-earned dosh? Most amusing.
                Last edited by expat; 19 May 2008, 21:41.

Comment

Working...
                X