• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restraining order - anyone had any dealings?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restraining order - anyone had any dealings?

Had a chat with the neighbour opposite about his mate with an old grey van blocking my drive access (technically not a 'block' as an inch away, but, given another of their vans is bang opposite, it makes it a 5 minute epic to access my drive).

Guy opposite totally reasonable, apologised, said he would sort his mate.

Saturday - grey van blocking my drive - owner resused to move, said to f-off and he would knock my f-ing head off.

5 mins later he moves (obviously house owner made him oblige). I say thanks. Reply loads of f-off's (which a neighbour witnessed)

Today - he waits for me in the street and shouts at me pointing agressively.

Police have had several chats with the grey van guy, I have dates and feedback from several police all asking him to park considerately and not be an @rse.

Due to continued harrassment and not feeling safe, I have had no option but to engage the police home-watch officer who I am on good terms with (I am the homewatch co-ordinator for the area).

Anyone know if there are grounds for a restraining order given a neighbour witnessing constant swearing, and several police records warning him off blocking driveways?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Anyone know if there are grounds for a restraining order given a neighbour witnessing constant swearing, and several police records warning him off blocking driveways?
    Maybe not a restraining order but an ASBO (for what its worth) could be a good starting point to look into.

Comment

Had a chat with the neighbour opposite about his mate with an old grey van blocking my drive access (technically not a 'block' as an inch away, but, given another of their vans is bang opposite, it makes it a 5 minute epic to access my drive).

Guy opposite totally reasonable, apologised, said he would sort his mate.

Saturday - grey van blocking my drive - owner resused to move, said to f-off and he would knock my f-ing head off.

5 mins later he moves (obviously house owner made him oblige). I say thanks. Reply loads of f-off's (which a neighbour witnessed)

Today - he waits for me in the street and shouts at me pointing agressively.

Police have had several chats with the grey van guy, I have dates and feedback from several police all asking him to park considerately and not be an @rse.

Due to continued harrassment and not feeling safe, I have had no option but to engage the police home-watch officer who I am on good terms with (I am the homewatch co-ordinator for the area).

Agreed - your neighbour has very good grounds of obtaining a restraining order against you.

HTH

Comment

Perhaps ask the police home-watch officer, who you are on good terms with. They're possibly more knowledgeable on these matters than a bunch of IT contractors.

Or ask Threaded.

Comment

Oi Wilmslow...

...why don't you just knock the f*cker out?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            ...why don't you just knock the f*cker out?
            Tempted, but, he is bigger than me, and I do not want to sink to their level.

Had a chat about things with a neighbour I get on well with - he said he will have a 'chat'.

He is a black belt in Kong fu and does Jujitsu. Ha!

Comment

Tempted, but, he is bigger than me, and I do not want to sink to their level.

Had a chat about things with a neighbour I get on well with - he said he will have a 'chat'.

He is a black belt in Kong fu and does Jujitsu. Ha!
              I usually find that people who really are trained to that level in the Martial Arts tend to be relaxed, mellow and certainly not aggressive - the guys probably a "Threaded"!

Comment

Tempted, but, he is bigger than me..
                They're all the same size once you hack them off at the knee.
                T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't!
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm having malted shreddies for breakfast. What's everyone else having...
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Let him kick the crap out of you and then report him for ABH / attempted murder / manslaughter. If you're lucky he'll get several years behind bars and you'll still be able to walk.

Comment

Working...
                    X