• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going Chartered whilst Contracting ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Chartered whilst Contracting ?

Has anyone tried ?

I am currently my my second gig after taking VR last summer and was looking at the possibility of applying for membership of the IET, and chartered engineer status.

I have 22 years of experience of the business, and a HND, have been in team leading and architecture driving roles, but am currently working as a consultant to get the job done - like many people - and wondered at what the chances were of successfully getting chartered status.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Dunno if an HND is sufficient to satisfy the educational requirements...

Thirty years ago I had to get CEI Part II to do that... and I suspect that now you require an MSc...

However the mature entry thing may be in your favour.

In the run up to Sator II, I attempted to fill in the forms for CEng but gave up when I lost the will to live.
    Find your local rep(tile) and have a friendly chat.

Comment

Working...
    X