• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AmEx platinum cashback card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AmEx platinum cashback card

What's the catch? They claim to give you free money just for spending money. What's in it for them? especially if you pay off the balance every month.

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    What's the catch? They claim to give you free money just for spending money. What's in it for them? especially if you pay off the balance every month.
    Is there a yearly fee?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      As I understand it, Amex charge the retailers the most for transactions placed through their cards.

Comment

Only Platinum? cheapskate, get a black card!
        Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
          Only Platinum? cheapskate, get a black card!
          Yes, pay the £750 annual membership fee, and spend at least £100k on it a year and they lap you up.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I worked with someone who has one he used to put all the server purchases for his business through it, soon got his 100k a year, pays dividends though he used to get treated like royalty at the airport.
            Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

None that I can see - the only business cashback credit card with no annual fee - just got one myself.

Comment

I got a Visa Business Gold card which gives me money back. I pay a yearly fee but if I spend more than €10,000 using it then I get money back. so far its paid for itself (might just be a German thing though as credit cards are slightly different here, more like debit cards.)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  As I understand it, Amex charge the retailers the most for transactions placed through their cards.
                  and a lot more than most other cards which is why hardly anyone takes Amex in the UK.
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
                    and a lot more than most other cards which is why hardly anyone takes Amex in the UK.
                    That's bollox. Not taking amex is a rarity nowadays - especially in big chains.

Comment

Working...
                    X