• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Radio 4 - Book of the Week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 4 - Book of the Week

BOTW is one of the highlights of my morning, usually.

Ok, there are a few duff ones, but on the whole an engaging and entertaining 15 minutes of quality output from the BBC propaganda engine.

However, this week we have Cherie Blair reading from her biog 'Speaking for Myself'.

The R4 puff says "Cherie Blair tells her story in her own words".

And boy, does she!

This vainglorious harridan has put me off my eggy soldiers twice now. I'm foregoing the tradition of decades in Bogey Towers by turning over to Radio 5 Live tomorrow to listen to some gibbering idiot sports commentator instead.

That vile woman could boast for England at Olympic standards.

The greedy, publicity-seeking, grasping, aspirational, letter-box-gobbed tart just makes me want to puke in my cornflakes.

Every other sentence in her self-promotional diatribe is crafted to boost and promote this useless leech of a woman.

I hope it's being well received in Crewe & Nantwich.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 20 May 2008, 12:17. Reason: BA's scolding

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

You are not that keen on her then !

Comment

I learnt a new word today:

Harridan
      [n. HAR-ih-den] A sharp-tongued woman, especially one who is older. This noun describes fierce, ill-tempered women who are always scolding and disapproving

I agree!
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

I hope it's being well received in Crew & Nantwich.
        Crewe

On the plus side, her gob did at least provide the inspiration for the media centre at Lords cricket ground

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post

Harridan
          [n. HAR-ih-den] A sharp-tongued woman, especially one who is older. This noun describes fierce, ill-tempered women who are always scolding and disapproving

I agree!
          Yeah good post BM.

Comment

She seems to have been on the TV or radio every time I've tuned in this week. She must have a book out or something.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post

Harridan

I agree!
              "Look at these venomous harridans. They went to university. Hard to believe they're all under 25."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                "Look at these venomous harridans. They went to university. Hard to believe they're all under 25."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU
                Over-education leads to ugliness, premature aging and beard growth.

Dawn Primarolo?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Dawn Primarolo?
                  Dawn Primarolo can hardly be called over-educated with her degree in Sociology from a polytechnic. To think that such numpties are/were reponsible for policies affecting millions is mind-boggling.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Dawn Primarolo?
                    My Ex-Wife's Solicitor. God she's ugly!

Comment

Working...
                    X