• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police Drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Drivers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7410441.stm

Police driving with undue care & attention ?

"driver of the marked police car was responding to the activation of his vehicle's automatic number plate recognition system, when Ms Adamson was hit."

the same as responding to a mobile phone text message as far as I am concerned.

They need to update their operating procedures and/or charge the officer.

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7410441.stm

Police driving with undue care & attention ?

"driver of the marked police car was responding to the activation of his vehicle's automatic number plate recognition system, when Ms Adamson was hit."

the same as responding to a mobile phone text message as far as I am concerned.

They need to update their operating procedures and/or charge the officer.

Kill a 16-year-old out of criminal carelessness. Zap a protesting friend with a stun gun to make them keep quiet. Then do a whitewash in public and pretend it's all OK. They are operating according to established procedures for the public good.

Mind how you go.

Comment

How about an absolute discharge for doing 159mph on a motorway?

Yep, join the Police

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5286898.stm

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Kill a 16-year-old out of criminal carelessness. Zap a protesting friend with a stun gun to make them keep quiet. Then do a whitewash in public and pretend it's all OK. They are operating according to established procedures for the public good.

Mind how you go.
        Oi expat, I'd be watching those "cell steps" if you ever get arrested...

Comment

Citizens mostly get the police they deserve. A little less time reading the sun and watching big brother would be good.

Though I do hope this poor girl gets some sort of justice.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Citizens mostly get the police they deserve. A little less time reading the sun and watching big brother would be good.

My Dad is an ex-copper and he says "Society gets the Police Force it deserves." - But then he's quite happy with his 2/3rds final salary pension index linked for the rest of his natural life!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

She won't. They're already muddying the waters "He said it was unclear whether the car's siren and warning lights were on".
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

agree! run down someone who isnt looking when they step in to the road and you get done. why?

she was probably stoned or under the influence...
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  She won't. They're already muddying the waters "He said it was unclear whether the car's siren and warning lights were on".
                  The eyewitnesses said that it didn't even have its headlights on, never mind blue lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    he's quite happy with his 2/3rds final salary pension index linked for the rest of his natural life!
                    With crime being what it is , I just hope he lives that long

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X