• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops

I had a meeting scheduled with the PM, head tester and network guru , yesterday afternoon. I was walking through Hale at lunchtime eating my chips and curry, making sure I leaned forward every time I took a gobfull, then I looked down.
    Oops, a great big blob of curry sauce, all down my left t1t. Aargh , what to do ? Only 30 mins to the meeting. So I trawled the high st and the only mens clothes shop was Rohan, which doesnt seem to cater for the , er, larger gentleman.
    If the riders of Rohan were that skinny I am suprised they ever beat the orcs, never mind the cave trolls, fking Gollum would need a bigger outfit. Anyway I had to buy a £55 blue shirt, which to be honest is top quality, and a good fit.
    The moral of the story ? avoid meetings whenever possible

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Sorry, I lost track of your life story - was this after you were thrown out of the helicopter and saved Ryan?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Anyway I had to buy a £55 blue shirt
      Phew, lucky you were able to get a cheap one.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        Sorry, I lost track of your life story - was this after you were thrown out of the helicopter and saved Ryan?

Sorry EO - but that was funny!!

Nearly as funny as eating chips and curry in Hale I was there the other week and didn't see a chippie anywhere....
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Sorry EO - but that was funny!!

Nearly as funny as eating chips and curry in Hale I was there the other week and didn't see a chippie anywhere....
          Go to the station, then walk along victoria st, parallel to the line, its about 150 metres. I only get the curry because the mushy peas are rubbish
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Go to the station, then walk along victoria st, parallel to the line, its about 150 metres. I only get the curry because the mushy peas are rubbish
            I'll keep it in mind - thanks
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

Is this what the CUK board has come to? Directions to chippies?
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                I might be hungry next time I am in Hale
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

No, we have all sorts here, career advice, squirrels and how to bring up kids
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Can we ask for plumbers, electricians, etcetc?

IGMC

Comment

Working...
                    X