• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 working days to get a reply from Lancashire Records Office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 working days to get a reply from Lancashire Records Office

I just emailed the Preston Records Office to ask if I can scan an old document they have, and received an autoreply saying it would take up to *ten* working days for someone to even reply!

FFS, I'm not asking for the Da Vinci code or the complete text of the Dead Sea Scrolls. What do these bozos *do* all day - sit there sipping tea?

Originally posted by Marina View Post
    What do these bozos *do* all day - sit there sipping tea?
    That's probably just the contractors. The permies are likely on the golf course.

Comment

This is the public sector - the person who can help you is currently sitting at home on "stress induced leave". They'll be back once Trisha, Pot Noodles and regular winking becomes repetitive.

Comment

My formal complaint to the DVLA was supposed to receive a response with 15 working days (in itself something of an eternity) - in the event it took another complaint and more tham double that time before they could be arsed to do anything. Welcome to the public sector - run for their benefit not ours (we just have to pay).

Comment

Working...
        X