• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fascist British government uses ermergency powers against G8 protesters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fascist British government uses ermergency powers against G8 protesters

apparently they used emergency terrorism powers against street musicians and peaceful demonstrators : they where hold for up to 96 hours in soolitary confinment without access to lawyers !

everything goes well. Heil Blair !

I see no essential difference between some of these protesters and terrorists.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

UK police state

well if peaceful protesters are terrorists, you are maybe already a terrorist.

It just shows how emergency powers can be misused for the wrong reasons (those new laws hava only been promulgated 3 months ago). Personnaly, your blairite police state, you can keep it.

Comment

Are you saying that the police are rounding up peaceful protesters? Are you sure they are not rounding up people intent on mischief: one of the forms of mischief being to claim they are peaceful protesters when in fact they have other intentions?

Comment

They've also confiscated servers of people running blogs about G8 protests.

Funny how they'll go after blogs of G8 protesters but not those of islamic extremists based in Britain.

Comment

Which reminds me. Anyone know of any site where I can get free non-copyright pics of politicians? I want to set up an interactive stabbing politicians to music game.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Here's a G8 link that should make Lucifer Box laugh, have you ever seen more camp police officers

Comment

What no crotch protectors?

Paint 'em white and you'd have something from Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by sappatz
                  apparently they used emergency terrorism powers against street musicians and peaceful demonstrators : they where hold for up to 96 hours in soolitary confinment without access to lawyers !

everything goes well. Heil Blair !
                  Read an interesting quote over the weekend; Those who would give up a little liberty in the pursuit of safety deserve neither liberty or safety.

It is a sentiment that perhaps Blair should take heed of. He has been dismantling the basic parts of what constitutes our liberty for some years now. That started with the steady erosion of Parliament's power with increasing uses of secondary legislation - see the Regulation of Investigative Powers Act for example (Blair has the worse voting record of any PM at around 3-4%), reduction in the Right to a Jury Trial, ID Cards, Civil Contingency Bill, reducing the power of judges by giving pmore power to ministers to make what are essentially judicial matters - for example Control Orders.

The British people as a whole seem oblivious to this as they went and elected him for another 5 years

Comment

As The Economist rightly observes this week, as with all new laws introduced "reluctantly and only as a last resort to be used in exceptional cases and times", expect them to be routinely used to their full in all manner of circumstances within weeks of introduction. Once a law is "reluctantly" passed, the police have no concept of only "using it a bit" and will always use their new powers to the full.

As the punchline says, "Policemen and politicians are shooting from the hip. That's bad."

Comment

Working...
                    X