• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exams getting easier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exams getting easier

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7414129.stm

Thousands of pupils sitting their GCSE music exams could face having to do a retake after papers were discovered with the answers on the back.

The paper apparently featured a list of composers on it, which related to the answers to questions written on the other side.

Examination board Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Examinations (OCR) has said pupils will not be disadvantaged by the error.

How can you be disadvantaged in an exam by having the answers on the back?

Do they still do exams? How quaint, I thought it was all internet-assisted coursework these days.

Comment

Is it worth worrying about when it's only GCSE music? Just let them take the A.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, that way everyone can get an A** (or however many asterisks we are up to now).

With educational results like this we will be the envy of the world. New labour education policy is to make everyone above average, and it's working.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          New labour education policy is to make everyone above average, and it's working.
          I'm a little rusty on my statistics these days but I think that only works if you have one very very very thicko at the bottom of the pile.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7414129.stm

How can you be disadvantaged in an exam by having the answers on the back?

there was a comment from OCR about "it's OK, not every candidate noticed!"

Made us laugh here, however my client is a competitor!!
            I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              I'm a little rusty on my statistics these days but I think that only works if you have one very very very thicko at the bottom of the pile.
              She's called Dawn Primarolo.

HTH
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I thought everyone got As now anyway for fear of upsetting and traumatising the little cherubs!
                B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                  I thought everyone got As now anyway for fear of upsetting and traumatising the little cherubs!
                  Apparently some of the more vocationaly adept ones will obtain a level of deferred success.

Comment

I wonder how p1ssed off the ones who get a fail will be....
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X