• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petrol costs in/out of ltdco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol costs in/out of ltdco

The petrol threads today got me wondering ...

How high would fuel prices need to go to make it worthwhile you putting car + fuel costs back through your ltd co - if not already - factoring in the additional BIK ?

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    The petrol threads today got me wondering ...

How high would fuel prices need to go to make it worthwhile you putting car + fuel costs back through your ltd co - if not already - factoring in the additional BIK ?
    All mileage is business mileage!

Buy the car yourself.

Comment

I think his point is that the rate for business mileage is not that great and has not moved for years and with the increased cost of motoring there must be a point where the costs in having your company pay for the fuel and taking the BIK hit is better than what you can get from the rate.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

IIRC ltdco has to pay Employer's NI on fuel benefits for Employees, so I think it'd have to be a lot more than this before it became worth it. OK for permies if they have the option though eh?

Comment

Working...
        X