• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISA's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISA's

People how fcking difficult is it to open an ISA.

A certain high street bank B"£$%^&s, have managed after a 3 week wait to somehow lighten my account by 3.6K and I have no ISA.

They also cannot tell me where the money has gone.

Sunny "making space under my mattress for cash" san
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Oh go on name and shame.

Fidelity, HL to name a couple can all be done over t'interweb no need to speak to anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      Oh go on name and shame.
      he did

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post

A certain high street bank B"£$%^&s, have managed after a 3 week wait to somehow lighten my account by 3.6K and I have no ISA.

WTF are you doing dealing with useless rip-off high street banks?

SelfTrade, Fidelity, etc all online, simple to manage, good service and low costs.

Comment

Cash ISAs are for permies.

Comment

Another vote for Fidelity here - breath of fresh air after HSBC's pen-pushing approach.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
              The shares one I bought end of March is up by 13%.I wish I hadn't bothered with a cash ISA (which was a PITA to setup). I don't think I will again.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post

The same Bollocks High St bank did a good one on my partner. She had an ISA with the building society that they took over, so it was transferred to the new owners. Wanting to top it up to the max before the end of the tax year, she went in to a branch - where they told her that they could not find out the total amount that she had paid in during the year, so they could not tell her how much more she could legally put in.

Eh, there is always somebody with a worse computer system than the one that you're working on....

Comment

Update

So

The ISA team have phoned me back, some effiminate sounding scot politely informs me that my ISA application has been processed. So I wait ..... and thats it.

So I say thank you very much, however could I alert you to one very minor point, being, that there is no money in the ISA, its not showing on my accounts banking page and there is a 3.6 K debit in my current account.

So he reckons do I want to complain!!!!

So I say actually I dont want to complain I just want to know where my fcking money is.

No joy, he cant tell me.

So I phone the Barclays banking again and say that I think someone has stolen £3.6 out of my account.

This time it transpires that the transaction was done at their service center and "may have not been done well"!?!?!

Anyway, they are refunding the amount but OMFG, what a bunch of useless tulipheads
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
                    'Tis true - only reason to open cash isa is if you're nailed for higher rate tax.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X