• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trying out a new aftershave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying out a new aftershave

Wanna sniff...

A nasal spray which increases our trust for strangers is showing promise as a treatment for social phobia, say scientists from Zurich University.
    They found that people who inhaled the "love hormone" oxytocin continued to trust strangers with their money - even after they were betrayed.
    Obligatory BBC Linky

Anyone else think this could go horribly wrong for the users?

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I can see the court cases already.

Comment

They found that people who inhaled the "love hormone" oxytocin continued to trust strangers with their money - even after they were betrayed.
      They must pump the stuff out of the air vent by the lottery ticket counter in Sainsbury's each saturday, because I trust them to sell me seven lucky dips that'll win the jackpot, but have been shamefully betrayed every time for years.

Comment

A trust drug? bloody hell agents must be sponsoring the development of that one...
        Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Wanna sniff...

Obligatory BBC Linky

There is a drug which can cure gullibility (which used to require brain surgery). If you are interested I will tell you where to send the 100GBP for a month's supply.
          If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
          X