• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Imagine if gas were $10 a gallon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine if gas were $10 a gallon

can you imagine that? OK Yes you can that's Britain today

Thousands of truckers would go bankrupt. Airplanes would sit idle in hangars. Restaurants and stores would shut down. Car-pooling, hybrid vehicles, scooters and inline skates would swing into vogue. And telecommuting, rooftop vegetable gardens, home cooking and recycling would proliferate

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...rsAGallon.aspx
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    can you imagine that? OK Yes you can that's Britain today

Thousands of truckers would go bankrupt. Airplanes would sit idle in hangars. Restaurants and stores would shut down. Car-pooling, hybrid vehicles, scooters and inline skates would swing into vogue. And telecommuting, rooftop vegetable gardens, home cooking and recycling would proliferate

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...rsAGallon.aspx

Doesn't sound so bad when you put it that way...

Comment

I tried the "find the cheapest" gas(petrol) option on 90210 - the only zip-code I know.

$4 per gallon. Even though their gallon is smaller than ours, $4 a ******* GALLON?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Don't know about any of the above, but I'm sure the roads are noticeably quieter since the recent price rises. Anybody else see this?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
          Don't know about any of the above, but I'm sure the roads are noticeably quieter since the recent price rises. Anybody else see this?
          I've noticed that more people are adhering to the speed limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I've noticed that more people are adhering to the speed limits.
            Y E S!!!! I thought it was just me who noticed

Comment

Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
              Y E S!!!! I thought it was just me who noticed
              They're still driving like noodlers though.
              Last edited by Churchill; 22 May 2008, 11:21.

Comment

Anyway, no need to worry, because the second page of the article offers the following words of comfort:

Some of these things, such as small cars and excellent public transportation, are already entrenched in Europe and Japan.
                It's a good thing we've got clean, cheap and reliable public transport(ation), otherwise I'd need to be back in my car paying £5 per gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                  Anyway, no need to worry, because the second page of the article offers the following words of comfort:

It's a good thing we've got clean, cheap and reliable public transport(ation), otherwise I'd need to be back in my car paying £5 per gallon.
                  Here's a laugh, in Cambridge we're currently having a "Guided Bus" route being built to replace an old disused railway line.

The bus won't stop in most of the towns that the route passes through!

Comment

And to think I got the piss taken out of me for having an Aygo.
                    65 miles to the gallon, last filled it in March.
                    You lot can throw away your hard-earned on petrol if you like
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X