• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I evil ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I evil ?

I got some trees chopped down a few years ago and turned a real jungle into a lawn with roses and other nice stuff.
    We have these old neighbours who are always out with the brooms attacking every rogue leaf and blade of grass with an SAS-like determination, we can hear them day and night sweeping away like lunatics.
    Anyway, the missus overheard them gossiping about us and how untidy our garden and hedge are, she got a bit upset about that, considering the effort and expense we had gone to, but we let it ride, no point making a bad situation worse.
    Yesterday we got a letter by mistake, addressed to them, it is a final reminder. Heh heh.
    My question is, which would be the most evilist, a) rip it up and let them get cut off, evicted or jailed or something b) take it round when there's lots of people around and say 'I got this letter by mistake, its a final reminder'
    c) open it and reply saying 'do what the herons do - stick your bill up your @rse'

or should I be decent and civilised instead

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

take it round and ask if they are in any trouble and would like any help.
    Must be done in the most patronising way possible
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Don't stoop to their level.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

On the other hand, you could say "if you're short of a few bob, I can help you out by throwing a bit of gardening work your way"?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

<Chico>

Simply ask yourself; "What would Jesus do?"

</Chico>
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Be decent, dont sink to their level. Stick it through the letterbox and forget about it.

I used to have neighbours like that, they are just weird.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              <Chico>

Simply ask yourself; "What would Jesus do?"

</Chico>
              Turn his roses into vines.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                Be decent, dont sink to their level. Stick it through the letterbox and forget about it.

WHS - don't stir up tension with your neighbours. Before you know it they'll be parking ruddy great big gippo vans in your driveway and shouting at you - forcing you to piss on your shoes or something like that. I know, man, I know. I feel your pain.

Wilmslow

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post

Alternatively, pour some petrol through their letterbox, then post the bill through with a lit match*. That will teach the f****** not to gossip about people won't it?

* Don't really do this - you'll get into trouble and it's not really that important is it?
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I got some trees chopped down a few years ago and turned a real jungle into a lawn with roses and other nice stuff.
                    We have these old neighbours who are always out with the brooms attacking every rogue leaf and blade of grass with an SAS-like determination, we can hear them day and night sweeping away like lunatics.
                    Anyway, the missus overheard them gossiping about us and how untidy our garden and hedge are, she got a bit upset about that, considering the effort and expense we had gone to, but we let it ride, no point making a bad situation worse.
                    Yesterday we got a letter by mistake, addressed to them, it is a final reminder. Heh heh.
                    My question is, which would be the most evilist, a) rip it up and let them get cut off, evicted or jailed or something b) take it round when there's lots of people around and say 'I got this letter by mistake, its a final reminder'
                    c) open it and reply saying 'do what the herons do - stick your bill up your @rse'

or should I be decent and civilised instead

Personally, I would use it as an opportunity to speak to the neighbours – try not to knock on the door especially, but, time it when you see them, say hang on a minute, and present them with the letter, then ask how things are going, discuss gardening it one of you is gardening at the time, and pave the way for a nice neighbourly chat. Yes, it will be double edged, but, also a good opportunity to give them the chance to get on okay with you.

Comment

Working...
                    X