• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies asking for security clearance.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies asking for security clearance.

as ever, the DVA says they should not ask for only candidates who have clearance, but agencies still do ask for it. It seems to me to hinge on a simple matter of fact:

Either:
    1. DVA says they should invite all candidates, but in fact those with clearance will have a better chance, or in some cases the only chance. Then the agencies are making a sensible business decision, and DVA is stupid.
    Or
    2. Those without clearance always have the same chance as those with. Then the agencies are stupid.

Unfortunately I am not able to eliminate either party from the possible charge of rank stupidity.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    as ever, the DVA says they should not ask for only candidates who have clearance, but agencies still do ask for it. It seems to me to hinge on a simple matter of fact:

Either:
    1. DVA says they should invite all candidates, but in fact those with clearance will have a better chance, or in some cases the only chance. Then the agencies are making a sensible business decision, and DVA is stupid.
    Or
    2. Those without clearance always have the same chance as those with. Then the agencies are stupid.

Unfortunately I am not able to eliminate either party from the possible charge of rank stupidity.
    Not sure if you saw this

http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003801.html

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Agencies say one thing in the advert and a different thing on the phone.

They blame their clients.

In some cases it seems to be true i.e. contract that has been advertised by lots of different agencies in 5 months, and in other cases it is clear the agency doesn't know what they are talking about i.e. advertising for a permanent role that has as a prerequiste security clearance.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        that's what prompted my post.

Comment

When clients turn to contractors they almost always want them to start yesterday.

Expecting military clients to plan ahead to allow for the time taken to gain clearance is unrealistic.

It is the expectation that they should do so, that is the problem that needs to be fixed.

tim

Comment

Working...
          X