• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Germans, are they that much different?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Germans, are they that much different?

Interesting 12 part article
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I imagine there is little genetic difference between the Germans and us, and in fact we could probably interbreed with them (unlike with the French). There may significant cultural differences though, since for one thing they have cellars (always spooky places in films, can be used for eating fellow willing Germans and for holding siblings hostage) and a propensity to invade Europe with their tanks and Luffwaffe. They also wear leather shorts and say um-pa-pa. Apart from that I imagine there is little difference between us to speak of.

Edit: They also eat lots of cabbage.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I imagine there is little genetic difference between the Germans and us, and in fact we could probably interbreed with them (unlike with the French). There may significant cultural differences though, since for one thing they have cellars (always spooky places in films, can be used for eating fellow willing Germans and for holding siblings hostage) and a propensity to invade Europe with their tanks and Luffwaffe. They also wear leather shorts and say um-pa-pa. Apart from that I imagine there is little difference between us to speak of.

Edit: They also eat lots of cabbage.
      And they have a functioning economy.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

one of the main differences is that they have unterzeebotten whilst we have submarines. This makes it much easier for us to order a sub from subways than it does for them

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

We are ruled by Germans aren't we?

And German IT people are the most risk averse people I've ever worked with - you can't fart in a lift without asking permission and getting your request reviewed prioritised and tested to death in triplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            We are ruled by Germans aren't we?

And German IT people are the most risk averse people I've ever worked with - you can't fart in a lift without asking permission and getting your request reviewed prioritised and tested to death in triplicate.
            #

Well considering our dismal record with large IT projects, they may have a point.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              And they have a functioning economy.
              They have their ups and downs just like us. Though their ups and downs have historically been more extreme than ours?

Comment

Nice people but no dress sense whatsoever.

When a german is deciding what to wear for work all that goes through their head is "What would Ross from friends wear".... "I know , Jeans and a horrible tie... they always work well together"

Either that or they think sports pundits are fashion icons.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Nice people but no dress sense whatsoever.
                  It's the white socks and sandals that make me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    It's the white socks and sandals that make me laugh
                    Pondlife looks around the office and bows to your skills of observation.

Comment

Working...
                    X