• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Viewing Googlemail on site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Googlemail on site

Guys / Gals, my current client doesn't allow access to Gmail, although their other Internet Access is fairly good - hence posting here.

I've customised an iGoogle page to show the e-mail headers, but I was wondering if there is anything else that would allow me to see content & possibly send / reply to e-mail without it actually being Gmail.

Other mail seems blocked as well - Yahoo etc
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

I always used the auto forward feature of gmail in this scenario. Obviously that wont give you reply-to access though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
      Guys / Gals, my current client doesn't allow access to Gmail, although their other Internet Access is fairly good - hence posting here.

I've customised an iGoogle page to show the e-mail headers, but I was wondering if there is anything else that would allow me to see content & possibly send / reply to e-mail without it actually being Gmail.

Other mail seems blocked as well - Yahoo etc
      What about running the gmail app on your mobile?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        What about running the gmail app on your mobile?
        I do do that, it's just not as easy to manage the mail that way - I guess I need a keyboard not a keypad
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Get one of these or one of these
          The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by KevinS View Post
            Get one of these or one of these
            On a similar note would those work with TV/PS3?

Comment

If the TV/PS3 supports Bluetooth HID profile, then probably..
              The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Can you set it up as an HTTP email account in Outlook?

I do that with my Hotmail and rename it to "personal folders"
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I would suggest http://mail.google.com.

This works at my client site even though gmail.com is blocked,

TM

Comment

how about taking your own laptop in with mobile broadband. that way you won't break the clients "fair use" internet policy. That's what I do.
                    threenine.co.uk
                    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
                    X