• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For a life on these benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a life on these benefits

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7417017.stm

£10K for a new kitchen in his own home..for a man who earns over £200K a year!

Gosh I wanna sign up. I think I'll challenge Ms. Blears. Then its on the gravy train.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post

Gosh I wanna sign up. I think I'll challenge Ms. Blears. Then its on the gravy train.

Please do and make sure you win. I like to see a lot less of her in the Media.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No wonder they tried to stop it being published. If I was them, I'd be ashamed. Money grabbing barstewards.

Comment

David Cameron's mortgage costs UK taxpayers £21,000 a year:

Guido Fawkes had the right idea...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23474269-details/MPs'+expenses+list+reveals+David+Cameron+'used+the +system'+to+pay+his+mortgage/article.do
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

The health minister Ann Keen is this weekend revealed to have insured her 70-year-old husband’s life for £430,000 – and to have claimed the premiums on parliamentary expenses.

Keen took out a joint HSBC “first death” policy with her husband Alan, also a Labour MP, which meant if one of them died the other would get the payout.

The £867 monthly premiums were submitted as part of their parliamentary expenses. The couple are already entitled to generous payouts if one of them dies under the Commons pension scheme.
          Nice....
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            Guido Fawkes had the right idea...
            Not really. He was all for abolitioning parliament, but was intent on restoring the papal rule to England.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

"Your account may be transferred to a debt recovery agency...We appreciate that you may be experiencing some financial difficulties," it said

Looks like eveyone's been feeling the pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Not really. He was all for abolitioning parliament, but was intent on restoring the papal rule to England.
                paypal

Comment

so, what's the best solution....

Just give them all the full £23K, no receipts, no questions asked.

Beeb linky

MPs could seek to avoid future expenses criticism by awarding themselves an automatic lump sum of £23,000 a year for second homes, a newspaper says.

According to the Times, the automatic grant will be a key recommendation of a review of MPs' expenses, led by the Speaker Michael Martin.

FFS

They really do have no shame whatsoever.

Comment

If the law/rule doesn't fit. change it. Mugabe still has something to learn from Britain.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X