• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Too much sleep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much sleep

Absolutely shattered last night so was in bed by 9pm last night and have now woken and feel 'dozy' from too much sleep!

Anyone else every get this?

At least I now have an exscuse for my sh!te posts.

I was in bed at 7:30 last night and up at 7:00 today - and I intend to have a sleep this afternoon.

HTH

Comment

I rarely sleep more than five hours at a time but working from home means I can skive off for a kip if I get tired.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I too get that dozyness from sleeping more than you are used to. Brain can't really engage properly and concentration span is minimal. It's annoying since you think you are catching up on lost sleep throughout the week but it just makes things worse!
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I get that feeling too.
          I stopped trying to catch up on sleep years ago. I might have an extra hour but thats it.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Get yourself down to the gym that will shift the staleness...

No really it works...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah. I get it sometimes. best to just wake up when you do..unless its something silly like 3AM..and catch up with a kip in the aft. for an hour or two.

I did this in the office a couple of times..I now have a mug with a photo of me sleeping at my desk on it.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Get yourself down to the gym that will shift the staleness...

No really it works...
                You could save money by walking to the gym, then walking back again without actually going in.

Or jog there and back if you really must, I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  Absolutely shattered last night so was in bed by 9pm last night and have now woken and feel 'dozy' from too much sleep!

Anyone else every get this?

At least I now have an exscuse for my sh!te posts.

From a Radio4 program many moons ago - if you oversleep your body continues to manufacture certain chemicals which make you feel drowsy - hence oversleeping does not make you more vigourous.

Missing one nights sleep can take your body and mind almost three days to recover.

I sleep for a minium of six hours a night - at least once a week I get a good eight or nine hours.

Comment

Working...
                  X