• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen quarterly interest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen quarterly interest

Received a letter this morning from Cater Allen, they are changing from paying interest monthly to quarterly, and raising the rate 0.5% at the same time.

What are they playing at Can we expect to see the rate increase clawed back some time in the future?

If I was planning to stay in this country longer, it might be enough to make me change banks.

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Received a letter this morning from Cater Allen, they are changing from paying interest monthly to quarterly, and raising the rate 0.5% at the same time.

What are they playing at Can we expect to see the rate increase clawed back some time in the future?

If I was planning to stay in this country longer, it might be enough to make me change banks.

A cynic such as myself reads into this that the Spanish owner, Bank Santander has liquidity problems due to the credit crunch and is thus trying to procure more deposits while also holding onto the interest longer. My advice would be to watch that you do not hold more than 35K between Cater Allen, Abbey Bank and Bank Santander. There could be trouble ahead!!

Comment

Yes I was thinking of opening a Spanish bank account in Spain as I was thinking of moving over there and considering the exposure that Banco Santander has with UK mortgages with Abbey (owning it), I decided that Banco Bilbao Vizcaya (BBVA) was perhpas a better option.

Also I had a major run in/nightmare with Abbey Business once when I was using it in conjuction with my contractor limited account, it went to the High Courts. Avoid.

Comment

Working...
      X