• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Holiday weekends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Holiday weekends

Whitsun (whatever that is) in the UK; Memorial in the US.

No Battlestar Galactica on the SciFi channel last night; no Doctor Who on the BBC tonight.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Calm down... here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

MC Esher

27 Million views
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        "I'm fluent in JavaScript and Kilngon"

Comment

Whitsun was two weeks ago.

The UK stopped celebrating the religious festival (which is a fixed time period after Easter) some time in the 70s and made the holiday always the last Monday in May.

It is called the "Spring Bank Holiday".

(and no, I don't know what Whitsun actually is for)

tim

Comment

Whitsun, an abbreviation of White Sunday, is the Christian celebration of Pentecost, that being the occasion when the Holy Spirit descended into the mortal forms of the Apostles after the Resurrection and Ascension of Christ.

I'm surprised that the Daily Mail readers who are so prevalent here haven't offered this information already... after all, given their exhaustive knowledge of reasons that Islam is a Bad Thing, one would expect them to be experts in the Christian faith that they regard as the right and proper English system of belief.

They could be a bunch of hypocrites who constantly trumpet the virtues of something they have no knowledge of for the sake of justifying petty hatred of things they don't understand, I suppose... but surely not - after all, if they're posting on here, they're presumably intelligent people who would never think of denigrating the beliefs of others from a position of ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Whitsun, an abbreviation of White Sunday, is the Christian celebration of Pentecost, that being the occasion when the Holy Spirit descended into the mortal forms of the Apostles after the Resurrection and Ascension of Christ.

I'm surprised that the Daily Mail readers who are so prevalent here haven't offered this information already... after all, given their exhaustive knowledge of reasons that Islam is a Bad Thing, one would expect them to be experts in the Christian faith that they regard as the right and proper English system of belief.

They could be a bunch of hypocrites who constantly trumpet the virtues of something they have no knowledge of for the sake of justifying petty hatred of things they don't understand, I suppose... but surely not - after all, if they're posting on here, they're presumably intelligent people who would never think of denigrating the beliefs of others from a position of ignorance.

Shavuot

The Jews had it first, but then again, they would...

Comment

Christianity, Islam, Jewish; I can’t be having it with any of that middle-eastern, mono-god nonsense. Not that I have much time for anything, but the traditional Pagan beliefs appeal to me. It makes far more sense with its respect for the cycles of nature. It’s on its way back to the big time. You read it here first.

Comment

Dunno, depends on your definition of defloration is. Some have never take it up the, .....

Others, like Atw, are at it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    Christianity, Islam, Jewish; I can’t be having it with any of that middle-eastern, mono-god nonsense. Not that I have much time for anything, but the traditional Pagan beliefs appeal to me. It makes far more sense with its respect for the cycles of nature. It’s on its way back to the big time. You read it here first.

Comment

Working...
                    X