• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

time to emigrate? part 94

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time to emigrate? part 94

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domest...24587620080526
    LONDON (Reuters) - Britain should consider giving individuals a personal carbon emissions allowance in order to help the country meet its CO2 emissions target, a report by a committee of MPs said on Monday.
    Introducing a personal carbon allowance -- whereby people would have to trade in credits if they wanted to exceed their own CO2 quota -- would be more effective and fairer than bringing in "green" taxes, the report by MPs said.
    So never mind the pump price, if you have no coupons left in your ration book then you will be forbidden to buy any more.

Already started the emigration process, had enough.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Can I ask where you're heading Cliphead?
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        Can I ask where you're heading Cliphead?
        Heading for Canada, gonna take ages though.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

So never mind the pump price, if you have no coupons left in your ration book then you will be forbidden to buy any more.
          I wonder how many car miles you'd gain by foregoing an air trip. One flight to Bankok or Australia would probably be worth 100,000 miles.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Well done fella. Wish I had the bottle.

I used to love this country, but perhaps I'm getting old, I just don't understand how things are going here. Cameras everywhere, so called 'green' taxes at every turn, embryo research (that is just fookin' nuts), smoking ban (I don't smoke, but I still think it is way way too harsh), databases, ID cards and that is just a snippet.

Soon I'll lock myself away in a flat just reading the local papers and never answer the door.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

But you can buy more coupons off the great unwashed - lovely jubly sorted.

HTH.

Comment

Why's that? I thought you sweaty's had a back way in?

Comment

If I had sole residency I would leave. I intend to once the kids grow up - and I hope they will emigrate too. Leave this country to the chavs.

Comment

One tip for those that are considering this: make sure that there is a way that you can still get access to UK health care.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X