• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the bench?

3 weeks and counting ... although being kept busy with the toddler and baby ...

Having been through the previous downturn on 2000/1, I think this is going to be worse!

Yes
    23.64%
    No
    54.55%
    Likely soon
    21.82%

The poll is expired.

are we doing a poll every week now?

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post

Having been through the previous downturn on 2000/1, I think this is going to be worse!

2002/2003

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post
        yes - until we get one with an andyw option....

Comment

Originally posted by Torran View Post
          Yes, keeps the benchwarmers busy.

Comment

That's the spirit!
            Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Having a very relaxing time, having hit the bench last Thursday

There still seems to be plenty of activity in my field, judging by what I'm hearing from others, so I've not even bothered looking at Jobserve yet - I'll have a better idea of how things are out there after the big webdev conference this week. Good timing really - I'll be able to sound out a lot of contacts face to face, all in a few days

Comment

Why do say its worse, I agree that the ads on job sites are much fewer, but I think cuz in those days agents were posting fictional roles, I have a feeling this is not allowed now ... OK someone correct me if the above is total BS.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                  Why do say its worse, I agree that the ads on job sites are much fewer, but I think cuz in those days agents were posting fictional roles, I have a feeling this is not allowed now ... OK someone correct me if the above is total BS.

It may not be allowed but who is checking? and if they are checking what is going to be done about it?

Policing this is more trouble than it is worth.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    It may not be allowed but who is checking? and if they are checking what is going to be done about it?

Policing this is more trouble than it is worth.
                    Surely this isn't an implicit admission of guilt

Really, DA, I thought better of you than that

Comment

Working...
                    X