• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question - be gentle I am ill...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - be gentle I am ill...

Had an interview last week, much to my reluctance - I had taken lots of cough mixture and was wearing the wrong shoes, so it wasn't going to go well. Tried to delay until this week, when I might feel better.

It took place in the company cafe - which I never enjoy - saw loads of people I know. Anyway, Programme Mgr, male, was a complete c*ck and boasted of how aggressive he could be and how someone would need to be able to cope with that. The woman with him seemed nice, and sort of normal.

Anyways, I thought it was a big waste of time and that the c*ck was not someone I would want to work with. Emailed a friend of mine at the company she seemed to think c*ck was going to be gotten rid of soon...

Got call from agency today, they say I am in the frame and c*ck and co are going to interview someone else this week. ho hum.

Question is, I don't really want the role but could do with the money, if I was offered, is it worth taking it and hoping c*ck gets the boot, because I hate him already.

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Had an interview last week, much to my reluctance - I had taken lots of cough mixture and was wearing the wrong shoes, so it wasn't going to go well. Tried to delay until this week, when I might feel better.

It took place in the company cafe - which I never enjoy - saw loads of people I know. Anyway, Programme Mgr, male, was a complete noddy and boasted of how aggressive he could be and how someone would need to be able to cope with that. The woman with him seemed nice, and sort of normal.

Anyways, I thought it was a big waste of time and that the noddy was not someone I would want to work with. Emailed a friend of mine at the company she seemed to think noddy was going to be gotten rid of soon...

Got call from agency today, they say I am in the frame and noddy and co are going to interview someone else this week. ho hum.

Question is, I don't really want the role but could do with the money, if I was offered, is it worth taking it and hoping noddy gets the boot, because I hate him already.

No idea...but in your avatar, you look like you have a nice arse
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

It took place in the company cafe - which I never enjoy - saw loads of people I know. Anyway, Programme Mgr, male, was a complete noddy and boasted of how aggressive he could be and how someone would need to be able to cope with that. The woman with him seemed nice, and sort of normal.

Anyways, I thought it was a big waste of time and that the noddy was not someone I would want to work with. Emailed a friend of mine at the company she seemed to think noddy was going to be gotten rid of soon...

Got call from agency today, they say I am in the frame and noddy and co are going to interview someone else this week. ho hum.

Question is, I don't really want the role but could do with the money, if I was offered, is it worth taking it and hoping noddy gets the boot, because I hate him already.
      Take the role and stitch him up...

Use your womanly wiles...
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Wait until you land it first!! I would say dont take it. You need to be happy all round - not just the money - and there is no guarantee that noddy will go. Not worth it!

Comment

Not again!

You don't seem to get on well with men, do you love?
          Maybe you should try and be nice to them, that might work occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
            You don't seem to get on well with men, do you love?
            Maybe you should try and be nice to them, that might work occasionally.
            Are you a man?

Comment

I hate working at Toy Town ™

Comment

Oh Lucy baby

Lu: Are you a man?
                DJ: Yes. Unlike you, not gender-confused.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I hate working at Toy Town ™
                  I meant C-O-C-K

Comment

How much do you need the money and are you up for any other roles?

That could influence your decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X