• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's had this in their inbox then...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's had this in their inbox then...?

Subject: Petrol Prices..............

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting £123.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £2.00 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

I reckon a good Viz "Top Tip" money saving suggestion would be to put a house brick in your fuel tank, thus reducing the cost of your fill ups.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

This has been done before, last time it was boycott shell.

Move on

Comment

And where do the supermarkets buy their fuel from?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
        Mathematically challenged and a paid stooge for the big supermarket chains. What a plonker.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

123 quid a litre. Harsh.
          Bored.

Comment

Of course this will work

No only do tescos now sell groceries, insurance and TVs but they also have their own drilling platforms and refineries.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
              I reckon a good Viz "Top Tip" money saving suggestion would be to put a house brick in your fuel tank, thus reducing the cost of your fill ups.
              With this government, I could believe that they would come out with this suggestion. Some ministers are stupid enough to believe it too.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Everybody always says this wont work because all the oil comes from esso and shell anyway.
                The point is that they have costs associated with running their forecourts. They also seem to charge more on their pumps than the likes of Asda. I assume they make more profit from selling their own.

Even if it doesnt do a lot, it must be worth boycotting them just to show your disaproval.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

What happened to the electric car?

There was a film about that - quite good actually.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY View Post
                    What happened to the electric car?

There was a film about that - quite good actually.
                    Battery technology sucks. Unless you believe electric car manufacturers who say they have batteries now that last just about forever and have much greater energy densities. It may be best not to hold ones breath waiting for these batteries to appear in mainstream devices or for consumer testing or independent testing though, you have to buy a quarter of a million car for that, at which point they work perfectly

Comment

Working...
                    X