• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate cuts mid contract - what would you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate cuts mid contract - what would you do?

See poll
    Take the hit. It's only fair.
    4.17%
    Consider carefully and unemotionally the situation before making a decision
    58.33%
    Go fooking mental!!! How very dare they!!! Grrrrr. I'd walk.
    29.17%
    Seek the advice of AndyW
    8.33%

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    See poll
    Dont forget the andyw option.

Comment

How could I?

Comment

Has the poll gone home to Poland?

Comment

I like the andyW option. Nice one Dim

Comment

I always ask myself, "what would Wilmslow do?"

It keeps life simple.

Comment

One option which is missing is that the client has contracted for the supply of a service at a given price, for a given period of time.

For that reason one might accept a reduction at renewal - that one would not during any other time, in addition the cost of living is actually going up, not down so ones costs are going up also.

The true answer however depends on many variables; competition, personal finances, rarity of the skills used.

Until you know those the option to fight any requirement is an uncertain move - if one can afford it rather than having to find more work then one might take the hit. On the other hand take it or not, one might want to let everyone know that you are not happy.

Comment

Where's the "Sue for breach of contract." option?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Where's the "Sue for breach of contract." option?
                  I don't think they are breaching the contract. They are saying "revise the contract or we will terminate the existing contract after the notice period having been served".

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I don't think they are breaching the contract. They are saying "revise the contract or we will terminate the existing contract after the notice period having been served".
                    But surely the clientco has requested a contract for a paticular resource spread over a particular time period at an agreed price.

Sue the f*ckers!

Btw, your question was...

If the client/agent demanded a rate cut or I'm terminated I'd
                    Nothing about contract revision or negotiation. Purely a demand.

Comment

Working...
                    X