• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That slimy Greek/'Good Jewish boy' .. (and me !!) from The Apprentice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That slimy Greek/'Good Jewish boy' .. (and me !!) from The Apprentice

That slimy Greek/'Good Jewish boy' .. (and me !!) from The Apprentice.

Well he (Micheal) had to go, ..... selling a Ferrari in upper class bohemian 'Notting Hill' and at the back of Harrods ! he's a bit of a muppet really, the end.

Didn't like his unjustified self belief or his constant plugging of his own dishonesty. In short a dangerous fool.

Also the thing that freaked me out a little is that I saw myself on The Apprentice going home looking at the sports cars ... I was actually on the show but didn't realize it at the time ! blink and you would have missed me though but it was a full on shot. What is strange is that I remember it being on a Friday night going home from work and it seemed like 2 or 3 weeks ago ... are these programmes 2-3 weeks old ? why aren't there any leaks ?

The show is getting a tad boring I think, people just being sent out to flog the strangest things ... is just cheap entertainment .. the boardroom showdown is really the meat and bone.

Originally posted by eliquant View Post

Well he (Micheal) had to go, ..... selling a Ferrari in upper class bohemian 'Notting Hill' and at the back of Harrods ! he's a bit of a muppet really, the end.

Didn't like his unjustified self belief or his constant plugging of his own dishonesty. In short a dangerous fool.

.....<snip>..
    The show is getting a tad boring I think, people just being sent out to flog the strangest things ... is just cheap entertainment .. the boardroom showdown is really the meat and bone.
    That's why I watch the "you're fired" version instead.

That bloke is a grade A muppet with zero redeeming features.

Comment

What is strange is that I remember it being on a Friday night going home from work and it seemed like 2 or 3 weeks ago ... are these programmes 2-3 weeks old ? why aren't there any leaks ?
      Probably because nobody really cares - it's better for the tabloids if they tie their stories in with the broadcast. Revealing that some imbecile contestant has done something in a game show a couple of weeks before said show is broadcast isn't actually going to do anything beneficial for a tabloid's sales. They rely on the evanescence of stories - and that includes running the story just when its mayfly-like-lifespan is actually happening.

has always been

I'm not trying to be nasty, but did you not realise this when watching the first programme of the first series?

Comment

Also the thing that freaked me out a little is that I saw myself on The Apprentice going home looking at the sports cars ... I was actually on the show but didn't realize it at the time ! blink and you would have missed me though but it was a full on shot. What is strange is that I remember it being on a Friday night going home from work and it seemed like 2 or 3 weeks ago ... are these programmes 2-3 weeks old ? why aren't there any leaks ?

Previous series were filmed months before - I am amazed they only allow 2-3 weeks.

Notice that most shots look perfect - which is impossible. Some scenes have been reshot.

I read somewhere they shoot 2 endings - with each person winning. Then Sir Alan employs them for a few months and makes choice on day of screening.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          That bloke is a grade A muppet with zero redeeming features.
          I am still not sure why Sir Alan kept him for so long? He provided little entertainment value either.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I'm not trying to be nasty, but did you not realise this when watching the first programme of the first series?
            Not quite sure how you can say that. Amongst the wall to wall soaps, big vrother, x-factor and the other mindless programs this is better. please say you agree.

You might like documentaries, panorama or other things - but relative to 90% of what is out there this is ace.

Though I am starting to find the format tiring now - we need a new program. How about taking 10 benched contractors and intereviewing them for a job?

Comment

First we had Eurovision and now we've got people watching The Apprentice. I fear for when Big Brother starts in a couple of weeks on here. You won't be able to move for posts comparing manbags and Audi TTs.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                First we had Eurovision and now we've got people watching The Apprentice. I fear for when Big Brother starts in a couple of weeks on here. You won't be able to move for posts comparing manbags and Audi TTs.
                Last nights Apprentice was about selling to manbags. You could almost sense whotshisname saying, listen you’re not supposed to be thinking about this with big head at all, this is a decision for manbags and little head alone. Let testosterone do your thinking, you know it doesn't make sense. I’ll start up the engine so you can hear it growl…

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Not quite sure how you can say that. Amongst the wall to wall soaps, big vrother, x-factor and the other mindless programs this is better. please say you agree.

You might like documentaries, panorama or other things - but relative to 90% of what is out there this is ace.

Though I am starting to find the format tiring now - we need a new program. How about taking 10 benched contractors and intereviewing them for a job?
                  After they got rid of the new contractor here after a week for being useless (although why they couldn't work that out in the interview) I thought an apprentice style recruitment scheme could work. Get 10 contractors on at 1/3 rate, at end of each day fire the most numpty. In 2 weeks time you have someone who can actually code and put them onto full rate. Probably be cheaper than all the time spent faffing around with interviews and wasting with useless contractors...

Comment

Originally posted by luke warm View Post
                    After they got rid of the new contractor here after a week for being useless (although why they couldn't work that out in the interview) I thought an apprentice style recruitment scheme could work. Get 10 contractors on at 1/3 rate, at end of each day fire the most numpty. In 2 weeks time you have someone who can actually code and put them onto full rate. Probably be cheaper than all the time spent faffing around with interviews and wasting with useless contractors...
                    Back in the 90s something like this happened to me once. Was told to go to client co without even a phone interview. Strange I thought. When I got there there were 2 other potential contractors. We were all given the same task to do and told it would take about half a day, then put into the same room. One of the other guys got redder and redder as the 1st hour wore on.
                    After 2 hours I had finished - the other 2 were shown the door.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X