• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS and social services take the strain as usual

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS and social services take the strain as usual

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...are-girls.html

A British couple who conceived twin girls through IVF in India before returning to England for the birth have abandoned them at hospital because they wanted boys.

The mother aged 59 and father, 72, conceived in India with fertility treatment and returned to England for the birth.

They told horrified medics they did not want the "wrong sex" babies immediately after the Caesarean section in Wolverhampton.

The husband then asked how soon it would be before his wife was fit enough to fly out again for further IVF in the hope of getting a boy to continue the family name.

How could they do this? Hard hearted b@stards.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How could they do this? Hard hearted b@stards.
    Here's your answer!
    The parents were born in India but are British citizens living in Birmingham.

Comment

Is this a tradition in Birmingham?
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        Is this a tradition in Birmingham?
        I blame it on the shortage of squirrels.

Comment

Can you imagine the footure, with Designer babies available at your local Tesco...

"I ordered blond hair and blue eyes, innit, Wot the fuak is this? I want my money back, or I'm well within me rights to stab ya, innit"
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Can you imagine the footure, with Designer babies available at your local Tesco...

"I ordered blond hair and blue eyes, innit, Wot the fuak is this? I want my money back, or I'm well within me rights to stab ya, innit"
            "Not getting the baby you want? Social services on your back? Ethnic minority? Call 0800-Cherie-Blair and we'll see the fookers at the EU High Courts faster than you can say, innit".

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I think they’re already here. Unfortunately they are all “Value” brands.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Is there not a case for child neglect that they can be charged with?

Comment

indian culture 500,000 female abortions a year!

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
                    indian culture 500,000 female abortions a year!
                    Chinese are similar. From a book I read a while ago (50 facts that should change the world) :

China has 44 million missing women. For every 100 baby girls born in China in 2000, there were 116.8 baby boys. In China and India, sex-selective abortions are illegal but still common. China's 'one child' policy has meant that many births go unreported; these unregistered children won't be able to, for example, go to school or receive state-funded healthcare.

Comment

Working...
                    X